Employment type: Full-time, non-profit organization
Close Date: Open until filled
Full-time Position: Family Lifeline is seeking an Annual Fund Manager to be a member of the development team. This position works with the President, Development Counsel and the Board to manage individual giving initiatives for Family Lifeline. The manager will raise money for unrestricted and restricted purposes from individuals for annual operating support and special projects. This position operates within Family Lifeline’s mission, vision, and values, which are incorporated in all aspects of job performance, and according to Family Lifeline’s policies and procedures and culturally informed best practice standards.
Fundraising & Development:
- Build a donor-centered fundraising program with a personalized component to the annual fund.
- Build relationships with a group of donors who can support initiatives requiring major gifts.
- Manage and run all organizational special events, including annual fundraisers, donor stewardship events, and various smaller gatherings.
- Work closely with development team throughout process of donor acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Develop effective relationships with Board and Committee members to motivate, support and direct fundraising and solicitation efforts
- Analyze effectiveness of the different fundraising efforts and report analysis to the President and to the Chair(s); suggest changes/improvements as needed.
- Oversee all aspects of Family Lifeline Young Professionals programming, including member acquisition and retention.
- Assist with grant writing as needed.
- Functional allocation of time: 75%
Marketing & Communications:
- Implement multimedia communication efforts, public relations, and marketing to support organizational and development goals to include event promotion, marketing collateral, website content, social media, email, and direct marketing.
- Works to ensure consistent voice and brand across all communication channels.
- Functional allocation of time: 20%
- Implement community and corporate volunteer initiatives, activities, and supply drives.
- Functional allocation of time: 5%
- Four-year degree and at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Self-motivated, energetic, exceptional customer service, team player, thorough understanding of program needs and challenges.
- Demonstrate autonomy, organization, assertiveness, creativity, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- Ability to think strategically, translating strategy into tactics, and executing flawlessly.
- Strong sense of humor a plus.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Outstanding verbal and writing skills.
- Able to assess, forecast and plan for future need.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with the ability to learn common Family Lifeline software applications.
- Experienced in Raiser’s Edge or related fundraising software.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some evening and weekend hours.
- Possesses a valid Virginia driver’s license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Able to pass a required background check.
- Assesses professional development needs in collaboration with supervisor, and develops a plan to meet these needs.
- Maintains certifications and professional association requirements, if applicable.
Great benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, three references, and a writing sample to [email protected] (reference Annual Fund Manager). Family Lifeline is a drug free work place. EOE