Employment type: Full-time, non-profit organization
Close Date: Open until filled
Provides culturally informed health assessments of parents and their children; health education and health advocacy in the family’s home and community. Works collaboratively within a team structure to assess, plan, monitor, and evaluate service interventions. Assists parents in creating an environment that fosters their child’s health, school readiness, and self-sufficiency of the family. Duties include
- Conduct home visits to families based on level of service needed to provide:
- Health assessment of parents and their children
- Health and dental education based on the Bright Futures Guidelines
- Developmental assessment using the Ages and Stages Questionnaire
- Dental varnishing when appropriate
- Transportation in organization’s van when appropriate
- Collaboratively plan with the family and other team members service delivery based on measurable goals.
- Initiate consultations with the child’s assigned primary care physician, specialty care physician, and dentist to inform them of the Community Health Nurse’s role, explain availability of home visiting services and follow-up services. Request feedback from the health care provider regarding child’s health status.
- Initiate planning consultation as appropriate with other professionals or service agencies involved with the family to ensure coordination of services and appropriateness of planned strategies for individual family; avoid duplication of services; and begin ongoing evaluation of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Conduct ongoing follow-up with families, including contact by home visits, phone, and/or letter to ensure the family obtains needed services from the community and is complying with the family service plan.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the family plan at least every six months, in collaboration with the family and the Outreach Worker.
- Maintain family records in accordance with agency policy, procedures and best practice standards.
Current VA driver’s license; good driving record; reliable transportation; and ability to transport clients in a company vehicle. Great benefits package. Positions opened until filled. Send resume and cover letter (reference Community Health Nurse – Early Childhood)) to HR Dept. [email protected] or fax: 804. 622.8058. Family Lifeline is a drug free work place. EOE