FLYP consists of young professionals ages 23 to 40 who are passionate about supporting our mission and goals. In its first year of existence, the 18-member council is already making an impact by raising funds and awareness for Family Lifeline. During the recent online giving event, the Amazing Raise, the council raised more than $4,000 from 66 gifts in just 36 hours.
“We’re really excited to empower these talented individuals with opportunities to assume leadership roles in the community that will have an impact on the lives of those who need it most,” stated Amy Strite, president and CEO of Family Lifeline.
The council is led by Chair Joe Williams, account executive, PadillaCRT and Vice Chair Katie Kosloski, Engineer I, Luck Stone, and receives support from Rebecca Butler, Annual Fund Manager, Family Lifeline and Board of Directors liaison Nathalia Artus, President and Government Loan Program Manager, EVB. Additional council members include:
- Scott Andrews, Realtor, Joyner Fine Properties
- Seena Arramraju, senior scientist, Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC
- Kate Belleman, Marketing/Development associate, Virginia Repertory Theatre
- Alexis Garlock, Regulatory Compliance analyst, Kinsale Insurance
- Leigh Harcum, HR analyst, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Lindsey Hershner, Masters candidate, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Social Work
- Kindra Johnson, Masters candidate, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Social Work
- Alison Kaufmann, Communications manager, Dominion Virginia Power
- Hannah Miller, Annual Fund manager, Virginia Repertory Theatre
- Heather Montgomery, librarian, Richmond Public Libraries
- Ellen Negus, Clinical Social Work, VCU Health Systems
- Sam Samkari, banker, Wells Fargo
- Jeremy Wacksman, Project manager, Dimagi Inc.
- Lauren Hum Willis, Business analyst, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Semhar Woldeslassie, personal banker, Wells Fargo